RE: Now Lucas vs BUSS fuses

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Now Lucas vs BUSS fuses
From: "Andrew Frink" <tr4@drooartz.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:07:57 -0600
(strange day at work today, I couldn't resist... apologies to Randall in
advance)

> "If electricity in a wire is like water in a pipe, then why do pipes get
> cold but wires get hot ?"

I've seen both cold and hot wires and pipes myself...

> "Is there hot and cold electricity ?"

There must be, since I've read a lot about wiring getting hot and burning. That
must be the
"hot" electricity, right?

> "Why can't I pour out the electricity from a wire like I can water from a
> pipe ?"

You can, it just comes out as smoke -- requires hot electricity (see above).
The hot electricity
thins out much like oil, and the wires can't keep it in anymore. It will leak
out in smoke form
once it gets hot enough.

> Or my favorite, "How do I hook a bucket to my electrical outlet ?"

Here's how:

1. Replace proper Lucas fuses with US fuses of the same listed amp rating

2. Turn on all electrical devices in the car

3. With bucket in hand (preferably a glass one), wait for the electricity to
get hot. Once hot
enough, it will pour out in smoke form, since British car wiring is built for
cold electricity and
the hot stuff is much thinner and will leak out. Place the bucket over the
smoke to capture it.

There you have it, electricity is just like water!

-Drew

===     http://www.vtr.org