RE: [TR] Windshield top seal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Windshield top seal
From: mrv8q@netscape.net
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 01:56:34 -0400
"Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net> wrote:

>Hello, everyone.
>
>For some reason, I can't seem to search archives. B Even "windshield" gets me
>zero results.
>
>Does anyone have suggested procedures for getting the upper and lower seals
>into the lock-grooves in the windshield frame? B ...Has anyone used silicone
>grease B or silicone spray to give the rubber a helping hand?

Hello, Terry, I can only help with the bottom seal; I was staring at my new TRF
top seal just yesterday. I've used a product called Clear Guideb", that I know
is available at Home Despot, but that I borrowed from work. It's used to
lubricate long runs of video cable in tight quarters, and it works perfectly in
this application, as it won't dry out like soap and water, and cleans up nicely.
I remember it took over an hour to work that bottom seal throught the
windshield, just take your time! Don't forget to leave enough seal to bend
around the scuttle and tuck down beside the side frame; if you have a seal
there now, it'll help of course.... just take your time, it'll turn out great!

Best, Kevin Browne
'59 TR3A #58370L

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.