RE: [TR] Windshield top seal

To: mrv8q@netscape.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Windshield top seal
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:43:28 -0400
> >Does anyone have suggested procedures for getting the upper and lower
>seals
> >into the lock-grooves in the windshield frame?

>Hello, Terry, I can only help with the bottom seal; I was staring at my new
>TRF top seal just yesterday.

If you guys are talking about the seal that goes on the bottom of the
windshield frame and lies against the body, I have this advice: (if I
remember correctly)

The seal cross-section is a sort of slanted T. The horizontal part slides
into the frame from one end and the vertical part sticks out to do the
sealing. The vertical part of the T is not 90 degrees to the horizontal
part, but is angled. When one looks at this angle, one would assume that the
seal angles toward the front, but this is not the case. The seal angles to
the back, and thus will seal more tightly against the body. But it'll still
leak. Just not as much.

When you install it, look at the cross-section. Think of the way you would
think it would go, and put it in backwards from that. Then it will be right.

John H.

===     http://www.vtr.org