Re: [TR] Windshield top seal

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Windshield top seal
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:28:46 -0700
Terry Smith wrote:

>Does anyone have suggested procedures for getting the upper and lower seals
>into the lock-grooves in the windshield frame?  ...Has anyone used silicone
>grease  or silicone spray to give the rubber a helping hand?

I probably used dish soap as a lubricant, as I recall sliding it in
wasn't to difficult.  It helps to stretch the seal quite a bit as you
pull it thru -- this make it skinnier.  Once it pulled thru it will
relax to it original profile.

>Lastly, where does one insert the top seal to start, ...at the bottom, working
>it up one side and then over the top?

Now when I read that ('up one side') I wonder if I'm even thinking of
the same seal you are.

Geo H