Re: [TR] coolant, drive train, gearshift, sequencing ?'s

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] coolant, drive train, gearshift, sequencing ?'s
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:40:24 -0400
Hello all,
I have been following the posts on the shifter clearance on the TR3. My
problem is a little different and I am open to suggestions. I am installing
the period radio rack that was available for the TR3. It mounts on the
tunnel and fits just in front of the heater.Due to a few add on items like
fog lights, etc., I have installed some basic period switches in this
bracket. While trial fitting this accessory, I discovered that the very nice
Triumph walnut shifter I have mounted engages the bracket when shifting into
1st gear. Taking it off and replacing the knob with an original small black
knob may make it possible to get my fingers around the shift knob going into
1st gear. The radio rack cannot go back any further. I am considering
utilizing another shift lever and creating a bend into it to position the
top further away from the dash, radio bracket. I recently saw this at a show
in Gettysburg, PA where a TR3 with the radio rack had the shifter bent
backwards. Any ideas.
Alex Manzo