RE: [TR] Shipping a car from US to Europe (Not LBC)

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Shipping a car from US to Europe (Not LBC)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:29:23 -0700
> The fraud is in the case of the scammer having the victim wire transfer
> to the scammer, because the scammer then has a safe, relatively
> inexpensive transfer of funds in his direction.....  But that is not
> what we are talking about here....

Although I agree that's more common, the scam also gets run in the opposite
direction.  Usually involving identity theft as well ... basically the wire
transfer comes from some place where it shouldn't have.  When the fraud is
discovered, the seller's account gets frozen ...

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org