[TR] Installing Pistons - TR4A

Subject: [TR] Installing Pistons - TR4A
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:25:39 -0500
Listers,

Last night I got the rings placed onto the pistons and pistons mounted to
the con rods.
Sometime soon I will be placing the pistons into the liners and have a
question for the list.

What do you recommend as a lubricant for this?

I've read many sources that say only to use motor oil in the liners because
other lubes may interfere with the rings setting.
I even had one fellow at a parts shop recommend tranny fluid of all things.

The bottom line is that the engine will sit for over a year after the
rebuild is completed, so I fully expect to squirt something into the
cylinders before I attempt to start it.
But, for now, what should I use for assembly that will not cause harm when I
do get around to starting the engine?

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A