RE: [TR] Installing Pistons - TR4A

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Installing Pistons - TR4A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:02:18 -0700
> Great idea to loosen the valve adjusters!

I actually had in mind loosening the 4 nuts that hold the rocker shaft to
the head.   Don't suppose it makes much difference, but it's only 4 nuts
rather than 8, and your valve adjustment should still be in the ballpark
after torquing the rocker shaft nuts back down.  I'm also not certain the
adjusters have enough range to let a fully open valve close.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org