Re: [TR] Wing/Door Mirror on TR3A

To: "Allan Reich" <areich@telus.net>, "TR List"
Subject: Re: [TR] Wing/Door Mirror on TR3A
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:56:37 -0700
My preference was always a convex mirror mounted on the high spot of the
left front wing, perhaps because that cut-down door doesn't seem to have a
real good spot for a mirror.

OTOH, when I got a respray 5 years ago the body guy welded up the hole for
that mirror and I have driven since w/o one.  With top down driving like
you're planning the driver is pretty aware of what is around him and a look
over the shoulder is easy enough.

If I will be driving in heavy traffic I also have a small convex mirror (was
one of those stick-on 'blind spot' mirrors) affixed to a bracket that can be
snapped onto the lift-the-dot peg on the front left corner of the cockpit.
Just an L shaped bracket with a hole in it that fits over the peg, then a
rubber washer (for tension) and then a female lift-the-dot fastener (both
halves clamped together with nothing in between). Crude but effective.

Geo