Re: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:57:11 EST
In a message dated 2/14/2007 6:09:06 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:
> GM even used it on the aluminum Rover motor in Oldsmobiles, so it
> must not be too harmful. (Although they did have a lot of trouble with that
> setup, IMO it was primarily due to trying to turbocharge a motor with 10.25
> compression ratio.)

Now that you mention it, someone told me about that.  They said all the cars
were recalled and the water injection was removed and the cars were detuned
(maybe the boost pressure was dialed down) He ascribed the problem to owners
failing to keep the water reservoir filled.

And what does one do in freezing weather?  Mix in ethanol?  That would lower
the freezing point but it would also add fuel to the mix and with a
carburettor setup difficult to compensate for.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org