[TR] Non-TR Building a Garage - do's and don'ts advice

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Non-TR Building a Garage - do's and don'ts advice
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:12:40 -0500
I'm finally going to do it.  I'm going to refinance my house and pull some
money out to build a detached garage. Any refinance advice - I'd welcome any
advice from the collective knowledge - please post me directly.

Going to leave the attached garage for my lovely wifes car and maybe the
running TR. We have so much in there right now I can hardly turn around!!!

I'm looking at 26 w x 32 long.   12 ft ceiling (for my 4 post lift).  Plenty
deep for work benches/tools. 12/12 pitch with a storage loft overhead.

Single door or double?  26 ft wide enough?  I will need plenty of power -
welder, air compressor and beer fridge.

Should I put a big steel beam to support my chain hoist for pulling engines
or are cherry pickers a better device?

Can you share with me some of the must haves for a garage and some of the
don't bothers?

I was thinking about a shower - but the contractor told me he bet I wouldn't
use it. He said for the money I should not put a bathrrom out there, either.

 Please let me know what you think.  I need to work quotes with a few
contractors to see how much I will need to set aside to build this.

Thanks!!!!

Chris -

===     http://www.vtr.org