[TR] TR3 Numbers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 Numbers
From: "William Beecher" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:45:48 -0600
Hello List,

Just got this car home, have not had a LLC for quite a while and am way out
of the loop.  What I have learned though is that for my three weeks of
monitoring this forum the knowledge base is incredible.

Where can I check on the various numbers to see what is what?  Is there a db
on the web somewhere?  The body/commission number is: TS-30766 and the
engine that is in the car is: TS-71465.  Also, there is a spare
engine:TS-31314.

I know about the Heritage Trust Certificate, but I don't think that will
tell me what I have now.

I am not sure if this is a TR3 or TR3a, the previous owner acknowledged the
newer engine but did not know if it was from a newer TR3 or TR4.  I am not
sure what the differences are, but when I go hunting parts it will be good
to know what to ask for.

Additionally, there is a number about the battery box: EB 30861, what is
this for?

Thanks in advance,
BillB
TR3(A?)