Re: [TR] TR3 Numbers

To: "William Beecher" <wbeech@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Numbers
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:14:08 -0700
TS 30766 was a 1958 TR3A.  The spare engine you mention was probably
the original engine for the car, since the engine numbers differed
from the body numbers, usually by a few hundred.  Triumph grabbed the
odd engine from the line to use for other things.  The EB number was
the actual body number, as opposed to the VIN number above.  Any Moss
or VB catalogue has a list of VIN numbers....
TR4's started with CT, both for the VIN number and the engine number.

Regards, Bill

===     http://www.vtr.org