Re: [TR] DOT3 vs DOT5 Brake Fluid

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] DOT3 vs DOT5 Brake Fluid
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:50:37 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2007 8:29:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

> The more I google "DOT5 Brake Fluid", I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling
> about
> it but I know a lot of you folks are using it in your cars with much
> success.

Bob,
I use it in all 11 of my Triumphs. Only problems I ever had was related to
heavy use during hard driving.  Once in the TR8 while running laps on Nelsons
Ledges Road course I pretty much lost the brakes. Scary when the pedal hits the
floor! The only other time was on a VTR rally in the Oregon Mountains with the
81 TR7. The brakes faded big time on the way down a steep, winding road.
That time I almost customized the rear of a Spitfire but I was able to get her
stopped just in the nick of time.  I have been told that silicone has a
tendency
to boil under heavy use conditions.  Anyone know if there is any truth to
that?
Cheers,
Darrell

 See what's free at