Re: [TR] DOT3 vs DOT5 Brake Fluid

To: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>, "TR List"
Subject: Re: [TR] DOT3 vs DOT5 Brake Fluid
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:10:44 -0700
I live at 2400' in the winter and 7000' in the summer with regular drives to
9000' to pick up the mail (all brake bleeding done at 2400').  Never notice
any change in braking.  Of course, it's real easy to get tiny air bubbles
suspended in DOT5 if you are not careful how you handle it -- that may be
what caused his problem.

BTW - it's silicone, not silicon.  As explained to me:  silicon=sand,
silicone=breast implants.  Important to understand the distinction if you're
going to spend a day at the beach with your wife.

Geo