RE: [TR] RE: TR3 Oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] RE: TR3 Oil
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:18:50 -0400 (EDT)
Randall wrote:
> I like Valvoline full synthetic 20W50.  But I live in
> southern California where it never freezes.  If I lived
> farther north, I might try 10W30.

I live further north.  I switched my GT6 over to Valvoline full synthetic 10W30
last year.  It does not seem to be leaking; it didn't before.  It does not seem
to be burning more oil, if any; it didn't before.  It does make more noise.
The louder valve clatter is bothersome, and worrisome.  I may switch it over to
10W40 if they make it (IIRC, I couldn't find it before, which made me think
they didn't make it), or all the way to 20W50.  Of course, that may increase
the oil burning.
--
Jim Muller

===     http://www.vtr.org