Re: [TR] TR3 checking transmission fluid

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 checking transmission fluid
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 06:58:30 -0700
Bob Labuz wrote:
> For transmissions without the dipstick, you need to remove the side filler
> plug. I believe the fluid should be added until it starts to drip out of the
> filler.
> Not that easy of a task without a lift!
> You will require some sort of hypoid oil pump.

Not owning a lift ...

I bought a jack hole blanking plug and made a hole in the side of the
gearbox tunnel opposite the filler plug.  To check oil I unsnap the
gearbox tunnel carpet, remove the plug, use a socket on a long extension
to remove the fill plug.  The gearbox can be topped up using a funnel &
tube.

Just because the factory made something hard to do doesn't mean that you
need to do it the hard way.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org