Re: vintage race VW

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vintage race VW
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 08:18:29 -500
Simon Favre writes:

> You found a sanctioning body that will allow a VW Bug to race?  I would
> think it has too narrow a track and too high a center of gravity to be
> allowed on the race track. I've never seen one road racing.

Haven't you ever seen Herbie the Love Bug? That thing must have had jets
boosters, the way it could catch and pass the field after stopping to mess
around. Still worth watching to catch the *rest* of the cars in the movies.

Seriously, I've seen a bug still racing with CASC (Canadian eq. of SCCA). Not
a vintage class mind you- current series. It had a lot of body mods, in
adddition the all the mechanica goodies. Ran pretty well.

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"