Re: Which race club to join ?

To: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
Subject: Re: Which race club to join ?
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@voy.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:58:37 -0500 (EST)
>What I would like to know is which vintage race organization should I
>join, SVRA or VSCCA ?
>I would like to hear varying comments on either org. , pros and cons,
>number of events, rules, etc.

The only point of reference I can give you is that a friend of mine tried to
race with the SVRA once in Atlanta. His Bugeye had no windshield and had a
1275. They wanted to make him run with the Cobras, Mustabgs, etc. Basically
they just didn't want him to race.

My opinion, they are a bunch of snobs. Go with the VSCCA. I've heard some
good things about them and I don't think they as picky about what you race.
If you really want to have some fun, come to a HSR event. Joe Pendergast and
his crew know how to put on a fun event and you won't be treated like a red
headed stepchild.

Tom Shirley
Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
71 MG Midget
72 Datsun 510 #18