Re: FREE DRIVING SUIT

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: FREE DRIVING SUIT
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:41:33 -0500
JWoesvra@aol.com wrote:

> Why can't we get back to arguing about cars and rules and stuff like that?

Sounds like fun:

> 1. Crank-fire, distributorless ignitions
Nope - too hi tech and not vintage

> 2. Alternate transmissions
Boy, I want close ratios for my dumb old TR4 so bad I can taste it. I
don't think I will go any faster but it sure would be more satisfying to
drive if It had a useful second gear. I know the cost would be
prohibitive, but in lieu of close ratios that were available at the
time, I'd almost vote yes for this one (go ahead guys and gals - I've
got my nomex on)

> 3. Dry sumps
nononno

> 4. Roller rockers and cams
What a temptation, but no, but make it NO for everybody..
.
> 5. Radial vs bias-ply tires
Who cares? I'm going as fast on bias ply's - but maybe that means I'm
going slow on both

> 6. Aftermarket heads and blocks
No Way

> 7. Your favorite issue............
I like the SCCA rules in effect at the time. They said basically that
all parts had to come from the the factory, same page in the Gen Comp
Rules but could be modified by metal removal, as long as the part was
still identifiable as original. I would make exceptions for cranks and
rods made from better materials just for longevity's sake.

Thanks for starting this thread, Joe

uncle jack