Re: Spridget Rollbar?

To: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget Rollbar?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:51:24 -0500
Larry Dent wrote:

> I think that SCCA in this area has simply given Vintage in the true
> sense over to the Vintage sanctioning bodies such as VSDA, etc.
>
> L.D.

Isn't it ironic, that in vintage racing the objective is to re-create SCCA
racing of the 50's and 60's, but that today the SCCA is hardly present?
(VSCCA doesn't count.) Think what SCCA problems would be solved if they had
embraced this sport, keeping it separate from the points-and-trophies guys.
Of course, they are not capable of it, with their inch-thick General
Competition Rules and their annual seminars for stewards on how to be
amateur lawyers and interpret and enforce the GCR's.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing