Re: Spridget Rollbar?

To: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>, RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spridget Rollbar?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:43:35 -0400
Larry, do vintage cars running in the SCCA vintage classes have to comply
with current SCCA regs for modern cars?  I'm thinking of FFords without
front hoops, etc.  My car is a sports racer (1.8 litre) built in
1964.  Would it have to have a front hoop, cage or whatever to run with
SCCA Vintage class?

FWIW, VARAC has a deal with CASC that we comply with (I think) 1985 safety
prep regs, which allow bars for open cars,a nd don't require the full cage etc.

Thanks, Brian

At 10:14 AM 08/03/2000 -0400, Larry Dent wrote:
>No way, sorry.
>
>SCCA requires a full roll cage with side bar protection on at least the
>drivers side.
>
>Helmet must be several inches BELOW the roll cage.
>
>No way possible to do this and use the top.
>
>Sorry,
>
>Larry Dent, SCCA Chief Steward

Brian Evans
Director, Strategic Accounts