Re: Spridget Rollbar?

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridget Rollbar?
From: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 14:50:25 -0400
A roll bar that fits under a standard top is called a "street bar" in most
of the catalogs I have seen. An SCCA approved bar used to mean a diagonal
bar inside the main hoop. Of course, SCCA now requires a cage and side
bars, etc.
I know Kirk Racing Products in Birmingham, Alabama can make anything you
specify. They advertise in most of the appropriate magazines.
I have a roll bar in my ' 72 that mounts on the rear shelf at four points
and fits undet the top but I got it in a trade so I don't know its origin.
The roll cage in my ' 67 vintage race car started out with a street bar and
would fit under a top if I had one.  It is still more than 2" over my head
because my racing seat is lower to the floor than a standard seat would be.
I have also added a hoop under the dash and intrusion bars on the driver
side. I didn't want a full cage or an SCCA cage because it would ruin the
"vintage" look. I may change my mind on that, tho. I would eventually like
to add a full front hoop and cover the cage with a factory style hardtop.
All I need to do is find a hardtop first. Anybody have one for sale?

At 02:51 PM 08/02/2000 -0400, RodsINTOMG@aol.com wrote:
>I would also be interested it this:  Is such a thing possible.
>
>Rod Schweiger
>1966 Sprite

><<
> Does anyone know of an SCCA approved rollbar that will fit an early square
> body Sprite and still allow the stock convertible top to be used?  If so,
> could you pass on your contacts?  TIA
>  >>
Regards,

Bob Spruck