Re: 350 for towing?

To: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: 350 for towing?
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:24:13 -0400
I take exception to that comment. My 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 full size pickup
with a 318 and a 5 speed has one heck of a time with big hills when loaded
for a race. I could not see anyone using the word "comfortable" to describe
what my truck goes through to get me, my TR4 race car on an open trailer
and my gear to the track. Then again, I believe in the concept that you
can't bring too much gear to a race.

Here in the hills of New England I have the truck floored in 4th to keep
speed going up any big hill. It's wonderful on the flat, though... It
easily pulls along in 5th.