Re: Safety - originality - competitiveness

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety - originality - competitiveness
From: "Dave Franks" <franks@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:41:16 -0800
Question, is "winning" the bottom line? I thought vintage was more about
keeping older cars on the track. Oregon Region SCCA is obviously not as
stringent on the period correctness rules as many of the other organizations
discussed here. Our goal is to have a good time and keep some old,
interesting cars on the track. My 67 Sprite would probably meet most
organizations qualifications standards if I replaced that dirty Webber 45
DCOE with a pair of SUs. However, I have had the opportunity to run against
several supposedly period correct cars that run in stringent organizations
and they clean my clock. And no, its not all driver. I've seen a few "period
correct" bugeyes from these groups with oversize SUs and MGB front discs
that make it through their tech inspections quite easily. As long as there
are rules their will be folks trying to bend them.

I just appreciate the opportunity to spend some time on the track in my old
sprite and share a dice or two with someone else running about the same lap
times.

You can find a copy of Oregon Regions supplemental regulations at:

http://www.oregon-region.com/vintage

--
Dave Franks
franks@teleport.com