Re: Honesty

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:18:26 -0500
You know your note about being pressured to quit racing since Earnhardt
struck a cord.

I just finished my monthly article for the 4 Wheel Drift and one of my
comments went like this.

"Dales crash has to give pause to every driver who steps into a race
car, be it NASCAR or as simple as my little S 2000 SCCA race car.  If it
can happen to Earnhart, my god, what about me.  He was invincible, we
all knew that.  A feeling of vulnerability has to now reside in the mind
of every driver out there.  Anybody but him!  Bad dream! No way!"

I am not going to quit, but the thought did pass my mind.

Larry Dent