Re: Honesty

To: simon@mondes.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:22:10 EST
To all:

I hope the lesson we all learn from this is to wear/use the best safety
equipment you can afford.  Several years ago I started wearing my horsecollar
religiously after seeing the slo-mo video of the Alfa/Lotus 7 incident during
my race at Palm Springs.

Once the HANS device is commercially available, I think we should all also
consider it.

We don't know what the details of Earnhardt's incident were just yet, so we
don't know if something else would have helped, or not.  I know  that I
wouldn't get in a race car in an open-faced helmet, however.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128