RE: Lecture from Uncle Don

To: John.Desantis@inficon.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lecture from Uncle Don
From: "Oker, William" <OkerWR@navair.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:13:25 -0800
No, he was a Scot.

Bill Oker

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   John.Desantis@inficon.com
[mailto:John.Desantis@inficon.com]
                Sent:   Wednesday, February 28, 2001 5:35 AM
                To:     vintage-race@autox.team.net

                     Thanks for the defense Don but I can take the heat.  I
learned neaver
                to ask about Flags though.

                     Having been only 10 in 65 I am as I said, rather
historically
                impaired.  I can rattle of at least a dozen
                drivers for the sixties but my interests revolve around
American made
                ground pounding V8's, particularly
                Mustangs.  I particularly enjoyed Mark Donohue's book, he
raced just about
                anything wheels and was involved
                with all of the big 3 in Trans Am.  Others such as Posey,
Shelby, Hansgen,
                Jones, Folmer, Hume, Miles, Hall, Moss
                Sena, Fitipaldi, Icks, Stewart and way many more.   (Forgive
the spelling -
                that's something I will never do.)

                     I guess my Famous driver education is lacking on the
international
                side a bit.  Jim Clark was a Brit?