Re: Helmets

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>,
Subject: Re: Helmets
From: Ross Fosbender <rossf@interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:01:27 -0600
Brian Evans wrote:
> Back then polycarbonate (or other molded plastic) helmets were common,
> particularly for motorcycle use, and they are quite affected by paint
> solvents.  Fiberglass has never had a problem.
> I don't think Snell was
> doing their thing in the '70's, either.

My first helmet has a '62 Snell sticker in it.  Some years back I called
out there to see if that was the first year they provided Snell
stickers.  It wasn't, but it was close- maybe '58-'60?  I seem to recall
they asked me for my hat- they didn't have any samples that old.  Gawd,
I am an old fart!
RossFos