RE: Question about HSR

To: "'Hugh Barber'" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>, "'Derek'"
Subject: RE: Question about HSR
From: "Pat Ryan" <pat@prismacars.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:50:46 -0600
Most posters seem to be reacting to the tone and not the facts.  If you
sift through Hugh's first post, you will see that they were not sent
home.  They decided to leave rather than put on bias ply tires (which
were probably for sale on site).

They were apparently classed in 3H by HSR in order to run with similar
bodied cars (on bias ply tires), but showed up with and wanted to run
slicks as allowed by 3A (Can-Am or ASR cars).  Jack's was not an
unreasonable demand, especially if for safety reasons he did not want
the XKE out with the incredibly faster, more modern cars that run with
the Can-Am group.  If he did otherwise, everyone in 3H would want slicks
too.

Guys like Peter Krause and Jack Woehrle have a very tough job, that's
why they get paid the big bucks. 8>)  I applaud attempts to firm up HSR
compliance, and I thank the mutual owners for not loosening up SVRA's
rules.

I do, however, wish they would not try to overlap the two by inviting
"HSR rules" cars to SVRA events or having "feature races" at SVRA events
for cars which do not meet SVRA rules.

Pat Ryan