Re:Use of Weight Scales in Vintage Racing Events Techs - What

To: Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com
Subject: Re:Use of Weight Scales in Vintage Racing Events Techs - What
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:42:12 GMT
Jeff,

CVAR doesn't currently have weight requirements.  However, there has been a
recent effort to enforce stricter adherence to the rules.  In Group 2, for
example, probably 90% of us are running without a generator/alternator where
the rules say we are supposed to have one.  CVAR hasn't implemented weight
penalties to compensate.  However, they have indicated a willingness to revisit
the rule if the Group involved can reach a consensus on what they want to do.
Our Group is likely to petition CVAR to allow us to run without so we don't all
have to go out and buy/wire one.

I would be interested to hear what SVRA, for example, would do with a guest car
from CVAR (again, just as  an example) where the rules may differ.  My
understanding is that VMC member organizations will allow each others' members'
cars to compete at one event each year without modification for differences in
rules.  So, let's say I go to the Zippo Grand Prix next year (which I intend to
do) and my CVAR-legal Midget is underweight.  Will I be required to add weight
for that one event?

Also, Jeff, you will want to review the Group 4 CVAR rules if that is the Group
you want to race in.  They say that full interiors are required.  They do
specifically say that only two seats are required, so you could get rid of the
rear seat, but you'll have to put in carpet and door panels (as stock, not
aluminum).  Don't take my word for it, check 'em out and get with Harold Pace
if you have questions.

David Littlefield
CVAR #57 MG Midget

---------- "Jeff Warner" <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com> writes:

The purchase of lightweight racing parts and stripping out the rear seat,
carpets, etc would seem kinda silly if I end up having to add lead weight...
but then again, as in circle track racing, this way I get the locate the weight
on the car where it will do the most good to balance the weight.

Thanks!

Jeff Warner
San Antonio, TX