Re: Use of Weight Scales in Vintage Racing Events Techs - What

To: dmeadow@juno.com, Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com
Subject: Re: Use of Weight Scales in Vintage Racing Events Techs - What
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:11:33 EST
In a message dated 3/19/03 10:45:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dmeadow@juno.com writes:

> I would be interested to hear what SVRA, for example, would do with a guest
> car from CVAR (again, just as an example) where the rules may differ.  My
> understanding is that VMC member organizations will allow each others'
> members' cars to compete at one event each year without modification for
> differences in rules.  So, let's say I go to the Zippo Grand Prix next year
> (which I intend to do) and my CVAR-legal Midget is underweight.  Will I be
> required to add weight for that one event?

You and everyone else will be accepted. If you read and understand the SVRA
rules, if the specified items are missing you will have to make up the
weight. Even our regular racers do not HAVE to refit the items they
inappropriately removed. They only have to carry the specified extra weight
to compensate.

However, I would strongly recommend to CVAR that they encourage charging
systems of some sort. The main reason is that cars are more reliable on the
track when they have a fully charged system. We have gone through a period
where cars would harmlessly spin, kill the engine and not be able to restart,
causing a disruption of the session. We have also had cars not able to even
crank on the grid because of low battery voltage.

Since we have been encouraging competitors to refit charging systems these
incidents have declined dramatically. An extra bonus is that the car will run
better and your battery will last a lot longer.

I don't know if CVAR has enough extra track time available to waste it on
such people, but SVRA certainly does not!

See you at The Glen.

jw