Re: 1275s in Bugeyes

To: Doug Meis <s800racer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: 1275s in Bugeyes
From: edm@AdServices.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:18:12 -0700
Thank you Doug,

I definitely see a lot of finger pointing and rumours abound at events,
but after 5 years of active rules enforcement on period configuration
and displacement, SOVREN has tried very hard to keep true to our members
that are presenting period correct cars, and not to create allowances
for cars that don't fit.

We have had to make some tough decisions and not allow some cars to
compete with us. For example, 4 of our local cars that were
non-compliant last year have addressed their issues and now are welcome,
making the grids look better than ever before.

For Bill,  any modified car that was raced SCCA  in the era (for us
before 1969) with  documented history in that configuration, is allowed
to race with SOVREN.

A lot of people barely look at the rules for other cars before they make
statements about their legitimacy.
Those in the 1960's that were trying to be competitive, had their
rulebook in one hand and a wrench in the other, not just throw some cool
stuff on it and expect it to be legal.

Ed Millman
SOVREN Mid-Bore Chairman