Re: trailer worries

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailer worries
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:05:38 EDT
For years I towed a trailer made from an old Ford drop axle and two steel
ramps; I towed an MGA, and added a tire rack and tool box on the front.  No
brakes.  The drop axle enabled low clearance and by jacking up the tongue 6
inches
I could drive the car on the trailer without ramps.

Admittedly, the trailer was beginning to get a little bowed in the
middle...but if you can find an old drop axle in a junkyard and the load isn't
too much,
what you gain in low clearance can be useful, as it also puts the cg of the
trailer/load lower to the ground.

tom butters