Re: trailer worries

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>,
Subject: Re: trailer worries
From: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:48:34 -0400
Dan:
It sounds like a reasonable set-up to me. I have towed my MG Midget for the
past ten years on a single axle, "landscaper" trailer with no brakes
incident free. I have towed it with a Dodge Dakota V6 and now a Quad Cab
V8. Before that, I towed the 1600 lb car and 900 lb trailer with a 3.0
liter Plymouth mini van.
The suitability also depends on how much "stuff" you carry with you, how
much is on the trailer (tongue weight) and how much in the tow vehicle.
Also a factor is how far and fast you tow and across what kind of terrain
(mountains, hills, plains).
I am about to switch to an enclosed trailer (if the deal goes through)
because of the security and weather issues. But I used the open trailer for
so many years because of the low cost, ease of towing, and maneuverability
of the single axle trailer by hand in my yard and at the track.
Your arrangement seems fine to me. Lots of luck

Bob