Re: Replicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds

To: anngene@bellsouth.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replicars vs. Real ... and vs Rebuilds
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:19:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/4/2003 5:26:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
anngene@bellsouth.net writes:

> I guess you can race period correct replicas, can't
> you?).

Well, I had to speak up again...Well DUH!!...that's really the point of this
hit a nerve on this one!

The answer to that question is certianly, YES...some group, somewhere,
somehow will let damn near anything run...but therein lies the issue.   Those
that
have documented, AUTHENTIC cars may want to protect their exclusivity, if not
their value and should take an active role in doing so....part of which may be
restricting the venues where "replicas" can run.

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128