Fwd: adjustable spring collars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, pkrause@krauseandengland.com
Subject: Fwd: adjustable spring collars
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:45:26 EDT
From: GMTRacing@aol.com
Full-name: GMT Racing
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:17:21 EDT
Subject: adjustable spring collars
To: JWoesvra@aol.com

Jack,
       I was busy cruising the Tonkin Gulf from 70 - 74 so I missed that
period. Jasen who works with us was Sharps second employee and worked for 18
years
with the team up through the late 80's including all the years we ran the Z
cars. Jasons' recollection is that the very first year or so the cars used the
stock spring perches, but that soon after (a year or two at most) the cars
were changed to use the threaded collars which he machined from scratch to fit
over the stock struts and bottom on the stock lower perches.  I suspect like
most developments that circumvent the rules, once everyone realized that the
rules were run around the threaded perches were made legal.

            regards, J.R.