Re: adjustable spring collars

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: adjustable spring collars
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:10:55 EDT
In a message dated 07/10/2003 11:03:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JWoesvra@aol.com writes:

> I suspect like
> most developments that circumvent the rules, once everyone realized that the
>
> rules were run around the threaded perches were made legal.

Guys, there are rules intended to keep you from doing things that will make
you go faster/have an unfair advantage, and then there are rules that simply
prevent you from doing things that won't make you go any faster, but will make
the car stronger or easier to work on or adjust.

IMHO, the first sort of rule is a legitimate concern for vintage racing
organisations; the second is not.

If someone can save themselves hours of futzing away inserting shims, and
replace that by a quick adjustment, why on Earth should we (in vintage) want to
prevent them from doing so?

Bill S.