Re: adjustable spring collars

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: adjustable spring collars
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:33:45 EDT
Hi Guys,
Just thought I would weigh in here. At CVAR we allow the 240Zs to run the
adjustable collars. We allow mods like this that do not result in a performance
advantage to run, but we REWARD the cars that are exactly period correct for
having done so. If something minor is not correct we do not give those points.
This is intended to do two things:
1. Reward the people who want to run a very correct car, or who have restored
a vintage racer correctly.
2. Allow the guys who are not spot-on to keep running, and to hopefully give
them an incentive to put the car exactly correct at a later date.

The deal with the Datsuns is that we are currently not giving them ONE point
because we have no proof that the adjustable spring perches were in use in
1972 or earlier. We now know they existed at that time, but the question is,
were
they an approved option recognized by the SCCA? And did anyone use them in
1972 or earlier? If they did, then we will happily give them the bonus point.
If
not, we can't. They are not being singled out. It's that simple. Would love
to hear from some Datsun racer who can vouch that they were run then so we can
move on.
Thanks,
Harold Pace
CVAR Regulations