My "New Car"

From: tim vb-o'brien (vbob(at)primenet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 01:46:37 CST

Well, she finally arrived. My new 1966 BRG (faded) over Med. Blue
Sunbeam
Alpine SV. Missing Carbs, various pieces of interior, a top, etc, etc.
Suprisingly good shape, much better than the one I owned for three
months
back in Maryland in 1981. Usual rusty battery bucket, the pan under the
passengers seat kinda cheesy, but the metal pretty sound all the way
through other than that. Little dent in the front, little dent in the
rear, one good straight bumper, one bent. 5 stone chips in the wind
screen. Instrumentation?? 96,000 mile on the odometer (like that means
anything). Seat and trim in a awful light blue color (!????!).
So the question is, do I get it running and drive it now? A chancy
proposition as I don't know anything about the history of it. Or do it
right and take lots of pictures, tear it down, arrest any rust, put in
new pieces of pan, maybethat little spot behind the door frame, figure
out the electrics correctly,and rebuild it? ANY thoughts and advice
would be appreciated. I guess we will be together a long time.

Thanks for your help,
vbob, SJ,CA
B 395002095