Re: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies

To: John Bowman <jbowman@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 20:13:25 -0500
The 1982/92 Camero T-5 is a direct bolt up to a 215 4-speed bellhousing.
Use a 10.5" clutch for a Chevy S-10 pickup w/ T-5 & a McCleod hydraulic
throw out bearing for a no hassle set up. This is what I run in my MGB,
using the stock MGB clutch master cylinder. If you mate up to a late
model Rover, you will need a 1/4" spacer or shorten the tranny input
shaft. The T-5, V8 version ( there is a V-6 version you don't want) has
a 26 spline input shaft, so only the Camero/Firebird & S-10 stock
clutches will work. There is a 9" Mercedees clutch out there somewhere
with 26 splines that will work, but I don't have the specifics.

Jim Stuart
with many happy T-5 miles behind a 215