GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies
From: John Bowman <jbowman@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 08:57:07 -0500
>From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
>To: "Aluminum V8 List (Buick/Rover)" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
>Subject: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies
>Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 02:21:37 -0800
>Sender: owner-buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
>
>    Is anyone using the GM 5 or 6 speed transmisions in their 215 / 3500
>powered cars?  I have the Buick 215 with the Buick 4 speed bell housing, and
>was wondering if the later model 5 and 6 speeds (Camero's, and Corvette's)
>fit.  Preferably, I would like an aluminum transmisison case like the Muncie
>M21 4 speeds....I believe that those were the ones with the AL case.
>
>    If there are some that fit, which models are they, and what
>years/model/engine did they come from...Thanks.....
>
>Rich

Rich,

I've got an '87 Camaro T-5 5spd behind my Baker built 215/305.
It bolts right to the stock bellhousing.  The clutch setup did
require some ingenuity to fit under this small bellhousing.  The
pressure plate is a 10" Mustang, and the clutch disc is a 10"
Camaro ('84 I think)

HTH,

John Bowman
Rotus Psuedo Pseven, '62 Olds 215 Turbo block, '64 Buick 300 heads

Don't know about the 6spds.