Re: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies

To: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>, "John Bowman" <jbowman@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies
From: "Lauri Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:48:22 -0800
OK....Now the question is , how many different version of the GM T-5 are
there out there...are there Aluminum cased, and Iron cased units?  close vs.
wide ratio boxes?  Top loaders vs. side loaders?  short vs. long tail
shafts?  and exit spline count?

Still no info on the GM 6 speeds yet...

Will the Buick 215 4spd bell housing (which I already have) work on the
Rover blocks?   all years?  and Displacements?

I need to know this, because of what I want to do.  I may need to switch to
the Newer Stronger Rover block.

Is there a "Strong" British 5 or 6 speed tranny that will work?  I am not
Locked to using the GM boxes...Still open to Ideas..

Rich