Re[2]: Gas

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, GOAVP@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: Gas
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:59:55 -0700
Peter,

You got a point there. My relatives and friends used to keep telling me I
oughta move across the SF bay, where housing is cheaper and they're saving
thousands on their houses. Now they're the ones griping the loudest about
gas going up $.50 a gallon. Their commute costs are going way up. Let's
see, 50 miles out is about $15 a day in gas (stop and go traffic to SF).
That's about $300 a month. About $3500 a year in gas costs. That's a lot
cheaper than the extra $50,000 to $150,000 for houses on the SF side of the
bay.

That's not what bothers me. It's the idiots in government that dismantled our
rail systems and hobbled our transit agencies, so we're dependent on gas. Watch
the price of foodstuffs and other necessities go way up in cost as gas goes up.
Now that does hurt! Ever try to travel to another state to pick up roadster
parts? Expensive, right? Shipping is gonna go up.

As for me, I try not to worry about it. What can ya do? I'm enjoying the great
gas mileage of my roadster (about 25 mpg) versus my van (16 mpg).

Fred - So.SF