Re[2]: Roadster oil filters

To: Tom Householder <tomhouse@hevanet.com>,
Subject: Re[2]: Roadster oil filters
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:52:34 -0700
What prices are you guys paying for these filters? On my 1600's, I've been
using Fram filters, something like PH3620 (not sure, I'll have to check
it). They're costing me $7 at the local auto store.

One thing I noticed while tearing down my 2000 - the mount for the oil filter
has a bypass valve in it. So a clogged oil filter will open that bypass valve
and allow unfiltered oil to pass.

Do 1600's have a bypass valve in the mount? If not, am I asking for trouble
using the Fram filters?

Thanks, Fred - So.SF
BADROC