Re: shoulder harnesses

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: shoulder harnesses
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:00:13 -0700
I've got both types of belts. The original shoulder strap in my '70 that
goes to the wheel arch, keeps slipping off my shoulder. I'm thinking about
attaching a loop on the seatback to hold it in place. The thing I hate
about the original, is that sometimes the belt drops outside the door. So
when you're looking to put the belt on, ya gotta open the door again.

Now I've got this '66 with reclining belts. The shoulder part is bolted
high on the rollbar. That works great! But the belt recliner hardware is
bolted at the low side of the rollbar, and it gets hung up because it's
cramped against the side panels. Sometimes I have to yank the belt a dozen
times before it frees up. I'll fix this the next time I take the rollbar
off (such a hassle!)

Despite the problems with the recliners, I prefer them over the original belts.
I don't know where the PO got the recliners, but they say Nissan/Datsun. Maybe
from a Z?

Fred - So.SF
BADROC