Re: shoulder harnesses

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>,
Subject: Re: shoulder harnesses
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:39:49 -0400
Dear Friends,

I use the "stock" shoulder harnesses and route them over the top
(outer-edge) of each seat-back.  I don't have a rollbar (yet!).  The
harness stays in place, except when I lean over too far to the passenger
side. Then the shoulder harness slips down, off my (left) shoulder.

I suspect that routing the harnesses over the seatbacks is what was
intended by designing the headrests with an offset towards the center of
the car (i.e., the headrests are offset towards the center console) rather
than their being square in the middle of the seatbacks.  That way, there is
space on top of the seatback for the shoulder harness to pass over.

Regards,
Teddy
69 2000
Pgh PA