Re: shoulder harnesses

To: teddy@stat.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: shoulder harnesses
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:38:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        I also use the stock 30yr old harnesses.  They work fine but are
not very fun.  They are not retractable like modern belts.  For the driver,
you can set them up fine and they really hold you in your seat.  But, if you
are driving alot of different people around then constantly adjusting the
pass side is not fun.  Then, once you get them adjusted right, you cant
lean foward.  One of my more regular pass. says that they make her feel
claustrophobic..in a convertable...
        What I would like to do is buy just the shoulder harness part of a
modern system.  Mount the retractor with the bolts on the inner fender wells.
Have a trim shop of someone, sew the roadster hardware onto the end. Then it
would still look really stock but let you move around a bit and be easier to
use.
                Daniel 69 2000 'Feynman'