Re: shoulder harnesses

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shoulder harnesses
From: dtn <noji@mail.ahc.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:33:10 -0500
>Now I've got this '66 with reclining belts. The shoulder part is bolted
>high on the rollbar. That works great! But the belt recliner hardware is
>bolted at the low side of the rollbar, and it gets hung up because it's
>cramped against the side panels. Sometimes I have to yank the belt a dozen
>times before it frees up. I'll fix this the next time I take the rollbar
>off (such a hassle!)

I've got something similar on my '70.  I've got the retracting part of the
mechanism bolted to the bottom of the roll bar.  One of the problems is
that the retracting mechanism has two ways to catch.  One is if there is a
sudden movement on the belt and the second if if the retractor is no longer
perpendicular to the ground.  This is so if you are upside down the belts
will keep you in.  because the roll bar has a slight angle to it the
retracting mechanism sometimes may stick on mine.  This is especially true
on the passenger side, mostly because the passenger that rides with me
likes to yank on the belt to get more belt.

Dana