Re: Should I add a Header?

To: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>,
Subject: Re: Should I add a Header?
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:21:51 -0800 (PST)
In my humble opinion a header will allways boost the performance of the
roadster. this is not a result of installing a header itself though.

The stock manifold is actually bigger and would seem to breathe better
than a header, but the stock roadster exhaust plumbing is pretty
wimpey.

My system on my 70 appears to be about the size of a drinking straw.

My 66 on the other hand has a 1 3/4 inch pipe, header and flowmaster
muffler. It roars!

The performance gains from a header are realized by every thing that is
changed from there back.

IMHO,
Roman Rist